When it comes to finding the perfect gifts for women, hair styling tools are always a firm favorite. But if you’re not sure which brands are the best right now, here’s a quick guide to what you can buy to keep her smiling.
There are now more choices than ever before in the world of hair straightening. There are a few things to consider when choosing the right hair straightener to buy. For thick hair, wider straightening plates are useful. The material of the plates is also important, with ceramic irons generally considered as the best for minimizing hair damage and speeding up straightening times.
Some of the most popular available on the market today are:
* The Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron: A high quality ceramic straightener.
* Babyliss BABNT2091T Pro Nano Titanium Digital Ceramic Ionic Iron 1-1/4″: Similar in price to the Chi straightening irons, these are also high quality and have the benefit of LED temperature settings.
* Remington S-9400 Tstudio Collection Digital Ceramic Hair Straightener with Tourmaline 2 1/4″ Wide Plates: The wide plates on this straightener make it suitable for thicker hair. It’s a more budget option, but still features temperature controls.
Hair dryers are constantly being upgraded: many women will need a new one every few years, which makes them the perfect gift for Christmas! Again, there are a few things that you should look for in the perfect hair dryer. Ionic hair dryers are extremely popular thanks to the fact that they keep hair looking shiny. The ability to blast cold air is also useful for setting styles, and hair dryers that include ceramic or tourmaline as materials are often higher quality. The wattage is an indication of how powerful the dryer is.
Some of the top selling hair dryers for Christmas 2010 are set to be:
* Revlon RV544 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ionic Lightweight Dryer: This dryer incorporates ionic/ tourmaline technology for best results, along with 2 heat settings, a cold shot, and a diffuser attachment to suit all types of hair. It is very reasonably priced.
* Andis RC-2 Ionic 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer: This hair dryer is perfect for people who need to take it out and about with them. With a folding handle and retractable power cord, it takes up the minimum amount of space. It is also ionic, includes a cold shot and various heat settings.
* BaByliss PRO BAB2000 Professional Ceramix Xtreme: This is for those who want a more professional option, though it only costs slightly more than the above models. It incorporates ceramic technology to eliminate frizz, has 6 speed and heat settings and a narrow barrel for maximum air pressure.